Annual Training Conference
22nd Annual California CUPA Training Conference
THEME: "2020: PERFECTING OUR VISION" DATES: Feb 3rd thru Feb 6th, 2020
Where: Hyatt Regency, San Francisco Airport, 1333 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010, Phone: 650-347-1234 or 800-233-1234, GROUP / Block: Cal CUPA, Reserve by: January 3, 2020, book early before they sell out. Overflow hotels are listed below. Please make hotel accommodations early and directly by phone or online at: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/SFOBU/G-CUPF. Guest room accommodation rates are $199.00/night plus tax. The Hyatt Regency will accept reservations based on room and rate availability, so please reserve your room early. Parking fee is $15 per day.
2020 CUPA Annual Conference Homepage
Earn CEUs (REHS/ICC) at this year's conference...here's how...
1. To view your various conference assignments and Sessions Schedule, simply view your personal Itinerary/Schedule by "printing it" to your screen.
2. Session Volunteer Monitors: Review these Volunteer Instructions. Review the Check in/out process before the conference starts so you are ready to earn your CEUs and complete your REQUIRED Volunteer assignment (IF YOU RECEIVED A SCHOLARSHIP). Arrive 20 minutes at the CUPA Kiosk to "Check In" and to receive instructions/materials.
3. Non-Session Volunteer Assignments – If you are helping with Setup, Tear Down, Security, Golf, Kiosk or other assignments listed on the Volunteers Page (view your assignment on this page as well as enter your Check in/Check out codes provided by your volunteer leader at the beginning and end of your assignment).
4. Make sure you get lunch - you must add your lunch selection options to your Itinerary ASAP so we can get an accuarate lunch count.
5. Sneak Peak - View Speaker Presentations and Speaker Bios BEFORE you attend their Session to help you prepare.
FIVE Session Tours Available - $25 per Tour, limit of 2 per agency, first come first served AND must be registered for the entire conference. No refunds after January 17, 2020. ALL Tours are currently SOLD OUT. To pay for your Tour, CLICK HERE. TOUR INFORMATION. NOTE: Each Bus loads 15 minutes before departure...be on time. Tours include visits to:
- ANCHOR STEAM BREWERY (Mon & Wed)(FULL)
- JLABS TOUR (Wed)(FULL)
- CARBON 3D (Tues)(FULL)
- STANFORD LINEAR ACCELERATOR (SLAC) TOUR (Tues)(FULL) - Must Take Bus
Download and read the Scholarship Announcement notice.Download the 2020 CUPA TEC Scholarship Travel Expense Claim Form (PDF Fillable Form).
The CUPA Forum Board (CFB) has been recipient to money designated for training or specifically for the annual CUPA Conference from a variety of enforcement cases. In most situations, court settlements specify conditions for the allocation of funds for training/conference costs and the CFB is restricted from distributions outside of the court's direction. A majority of the funds are allocated for use by Unified Program Agencies and are intended to train technical staff or assist in funding travel and expenses at the annual CUPA Conference.
Scholarship applications were due on or before Oct 31, are available for CUPA and PA technical staff only, and cover the costs for registration fees, hotel, airfare, and meals. Independent contractors DO NOT qualify for scholarships.
Award notices are emailed to individuals and managers the 3rd week of November. Scholarship recipients are required to provide an overall conference evaluation and individual session evaluations for each class attended.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: STILL NEED A VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT? Reminder - If you received a scholarship, you are required to Volunteer during the Annual Conference...View the CURRENT available Volunteer Assignments HERE.Submmit Scholarship Application Select Volunteer Assignment
Conference surveys help us prepare for each training conference. Please submit a conference evaluation on your last day of the training conference to let us know how we are doing. Please note that this conference survey is required for all scholarship recipients.Submit Conference Survey
The online Q/A form is to submit questions to training session instructors before or during the training conference. Have a question that you would like to ask before or after a session? Use the Q/A form, select the specific session from the list, compose your question and submit it. All questions will be forwarded to the trainer/instructor.Submit Questions