General registration information for the California Unified Program Annual CUPA training conference being held February 6-9, 2017 at Sheraton Marina Hotel, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101, 800-325-3535. Go to calcupa.org and login to your CUPA Training Accout to PAY REGISTRATION FEES, SCHEDULE SESSIONS & LUNCHES, SUBMIT VOLUNTEER REQUESTS, and REGISTER FOR THE GOLF TOURNAMENT. The early registration cut-off date is January 6, 2017.
- HOTEL INFORMATION –- 72 HOUR CANCELLATION CLAUSE AT THE SHERATON. Book your room by 1/16/17. To contact the Sheraton reservations call 877-734-2726, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OVERFLOW HOTELS -- Overflow hotels with great rates under "CUPA Conference Block" if you need a hotel room. Island Palms, $129 under CUPA Block, 619-222-0561 or 800-922-2336, Holiday Inn Bayside $125 by 1/13/17 under CUPA Block, 619-224-3621 ext 701 or 800-662-8899. Also see our Venue page. All Hotels offer a free shuttle service to/from airport.
- CUPA SHUTTLE -- Service starting 6:45 each morning. CalCUPA is providing CUPA shuttle service to/from local hotels. See flyer at calcupa.org for detailed information.
- PROGRAM INFORMATION -- The CalCUPA Training Conference final program is available on the public site at https://calcupa.org/CUPA-2017/agenda/.
- SESSIONS -- The complete list of the 2017 conference sessions is available at: https://calcupa.org/CUPA-2017/agenda/training-sessions.html.
- REGISTRATION -- All attendees are requested to log into their CUPA account, click the SESSIONS tab, and schedule the sessions (and lunches) you plan to attend. This is important because some of the sessions have limited seating. The virtual reality sessions, the facility tours, and HAZWOPER sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday have limited seating and require pre-registration.
- CUPA ACCOUNTS -- Changes to accounts such as email addresses, change of employment, and phone numbers should be made on your original account. Please do not create duplicate or additional accounts.
- GOLF TOURNAMENT -- If you have registered for the golf tournament on Sunday at Coronado Island please meet out front of the Sheraton at 8am and 9am to carpool (several vans carpooling). Tee time is 10am. You must Sign up by January 15th. To signup, login to your account and click the PAY FEES tab. For more information about the Golf Tournament see our Golf Tournament Flyer.
- STUDENT DAY -- Free Student Day is Wednesday. We have students attending from 15 different colleges. Research projects will be on display. We currently have 10 more student day spots available to full time students. For more information visit or Student Information pages.
- CERTIFICATES -- There are 32 REHS Continuing Education Contact Hours and ICC units available during the week. In order for your Certificate of Completion to show up in your Course History, you are required to scan your name badge in and out of each session, complete an evaluation for each session, and complete an overall conference evaluation by February 17th. We will have the CUPA KIOSK available, located by the registration booth, with laptops available to enter evaluations.
- EXHIBITORS –- Visit with the Exhibitors at our Welcome Reception on Tuesday 4:45-6pm. Join the exhibitors for breakfast and lunches in the ballroom Wednesday and Thursday 7am and Noon. Exhibitor booths will be available 8-5pm Wednesday and till 1pm Thursday. We have a special afternoon break planned for Wed. at 3pm and Wed night is the vendor reception with great food.
- SPONSORS –- We are looking for sponsors for the organic notebooks. For a $2,000 Sponsorship, we would like to print your logo on the organic notebooks and would need your logo by 1/10/2017. Email 2x2 EPS or Vector Art logo to email@example.com.
- CUPA CUP -- PING PONG TOURNAMENT is FREE! Sponsored by Alltech – Find a partner and sign up your ping pong team at the registration booth. The Annual CUPA CUP is Tuesday night starting at 6pm and will be a large ping pong tournament with local Food Trucks and local brews outside by the Pavillion overlooking the bay. We are expecting about 160 players. Sign up to play competitive or recreational at the Conference Registration Booth by Tuesday at 1pm. Purchase dinner directly from local vendors. Attend, eat and network even if you do not play ping pong.
- EARLY REGISTRATION SUPER BOWL SUNDAY -- Early registration will be held Sunday in the Grand Ballroom, Marina Tower 3:30-7pm during the Super Bowl game. Come join the party at the Sheraton Sportsbar to watch the game, check in early, and avoid the early Monday morning rush. The Sheraton has planned some great food for us.
- VENUE -- The Sheraton has two buildings, the Marina Tower and Bay Tower. Meetings and sessions will be held in both towers so check the program for locations. The Marina Tower is the main building and the Bay Tower is the second building. See the hotel floor plan.
- ASK A QUESTION IN ADVANCE -- To ask a question in advance of sessions, log in and click the TOOLS tab, select the "Submit Session Questions" option, and then select the specific session to receive your questions.
- OPENING CEREMONY -- Keynote & Leadership Awards will be presented February 7th from 8-10am. Join us for the annual update on the Unified program. Secretary Matt Rodriquez will be announcing the Secretary's Award for Environmental Achievement, CFB and CalEPA Report, and the CUPA Board Leadership awards will be announced (nomination deadline is January 17, 2017). To nominate an agency, business or individual, go to AWARD NOMINATIONS.
- TOURS –- We have a few seats left for the water facility tour on Thursday. Bus leaves at 7:30am. Sign up at calcupa.org under the SESSIONS tab. For the Sea World tour, a random number generator will be used to select who will attend in the next few weeks. We will let you know if you have been selected.
Important Note: Beginning this year, you will not be able to login to your CUPA Training Account during normal business hours during the conference. Please upload or download presentations and schedule sessions BEFORE the conference or use off peak hours, i.e., before 6am or after 6pm. You will still be able to submit session evaluations and the overall conference evaluations during normal hours.
This website and its content is Copyright © 2001-2016 California CUPA Forum Training Conference. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of the California CUPA Forum.