At every California CUPA Forum Training Conference, speakers are the cornerstone of a great attendee training experience. The following describes how you can register as a Speaker for the California CUPA Forum Training Conference:
- During the conference development period, submit a Session Request to provide a course summary. The request will be reviewed and either accepted, rejected, or rejected for modifications. When the session is accepted, it will be assigned a session code, date and time block, a room, REHS/ICC credits, and placed into the program. Often, speakers are recruted for specific courses.
- After a session has been assigned a course number, speakers must register to be assigned as a speaker. Speakers register by either creating a new CUPA training account or re-using an account created previously. Please do not create a new account if you already have one.
- Register -- Log into your account, and click the SPEAKERS tab, and select the "Manage My Biographies" option. Click the green plus sign on the right side of the page to create your biography. If you have a biography already in the system from a previous year it will be automatically imported into the edit screen. Enter the session titles and session codes from the Session Scheduler (the program), and add/edit your short bio. Click the "SAVE" button to submit your Bio for approval. Please note that you will not be able to upload a presentation until your Bio has been approved by the Conference Manager.
- Upload Presentations -- Convert your presentation to PDF and log into your profile, click SPEAKERS tab and click the "Manage My Presentations" option. Click the green plus sign on the right side of the page to upload a new presentation. If you need assistance, email your presentation to our webmaster at email@example.com and we will get it posted for you. Please bring your presentation on a flashdrive including any videos (we suggest you bring a back-up).
- Each speaker is required to check in at the Registration booth, located in front of the Grand Ballroom, to receive your name badge, lunch ticket and speaker gift. An AV person will be available at the hotel to assist you in setting up. Arrive early to test the equipment (before your session begins, or on the break of the previous session if your session begins mid-morning or mid-afternoon).
- A CUPA Forum Board member will introduce each speaker(s).
- Any speaker who wishes to attend the CUPA conference on other days, other than the day(s) when you are speaking, must pay a single day registration fee or by purchasing a full registration package.
- If you are teaching only one day, and don't want to register for the conference, you may obtain a free meal ticket for the luncheon on the day you are speaking. Your lunch ticket will be available with your name badge at the registration booth when you check in. We have complimentary breakfast available in the ballroom on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- You are invited to join us at Coronado Golf on Sunday. Tee time is 10am, cost is $85 per person. Please sign up by January 20th.
- You are also invited to the "Welcome Reception" on Tuesday from 4:45-6:00 pm, the Tuesday night CUPA CUP Ping Pong tournament and dinner event at the Sheraton Pavillion, and the vendor-sponsored reception with hors d’oeuvres & no-host bar from 4:45-6:45pm on Wednesday evening. Please join us for these complementary events.
- Hotel & Parking -- The conference room block is under the CAL CUPA at the rate of $189 and parking is $20. The Sheraton is right across from the San Diego Airport and offers FREE shuttle service. We have overflow hotels listed at www.calcupa.org The Island Palms has a $129 rate under CAL CUPA Block. To make reservations please call the Reservations Department at 619-222-0561 or 800-922-2336. Holiday Inn Bayside call 619-224-3621 ext. 701 for $129 rate by 1/13/17. Please mention the California CUPA Forum group block at time of making reservations to receive the special rate.
- Speaker Emergency –- If something comes up please let your coordinator know, or, call the conference manager (Sheryl Baldwin Sheryl@calcupa.org), CUPA office (530-676-0815) or cell phone (530-363-0027).
The Sheraton has two Towers -- the first building is the Marina Tower and the second building is the Bay Tower. The Registration Booth is in the first building, the Marina Tower, in the Grand Ballroom foyer.
This website and its content is Copyright © 2001-2016 California CUPA Forum Training Conference. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of the California CUPA Forum.